Tuesday, July 6, 2010


This weekend I decided to commit myself more fully to this blog. Katharine Weymouth critically said that some people wake up, write about how they feel, and call it a blog.

I do not want to do that.

I think a good entry should be through provoking, but not overwhelming. My goal is to write more often and more freely. I aspire to meet the standards of Katharine.


Cooking in the oven that is New York City.

Only yesterday, Nans and I were in stark contrast as we sat atop a rock and dipped our feet into cold, salty water. I understand why some leave the city in the summer. It is much more pleasant to feel the breeze of ocean air, eating clams on the half shell, than it is to be blasted with stewed urine and garbage air, hot and enveloping. All those things said, I would still rather be in the city. I love it so.


Roasted peanuts and iced coffee from Dean and Deluca for lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment