Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Judith Jones

This morning, a clean copy of Judith Jones': The Tenth Muse, My Life in Food awaited me in the book room.
I met Ms. Jones a few years ago, she was petite and lovely. She told me about how she visits the union square market every other day, and always prepares delicious meals for herself, despite living alone.
But today, I met her anew.
I couldn't put the book down.
I savored every page, word, experience, flavor and photo.
I made an effort to walk by her office three times, and I inhaled deeply, hoping for a draft to escape the empty, still office.
Judith is in Vermont for the summer, but I hope to see her again someday.

For dinner, I made myself a fried egg, blanched asparagus and hollandaise, which ribboned in pale yellow, dotted by bits of pepper. Delicious.

I've realized that I have two passions in life; food and fashion. Are they mutually exclusive?

No comments:

Post a Comment